Full details on github: https://github.com/dan-mirescu/youtube-projector2
This application is in a proof-of-concept alpha stage. Tested on Android emulator and Samsung S9 (Android) and on Windows PC (by running the Node code separately).
An Android application project created for the following use case:
- view youtube videos on a smart TV with a faulty Youtube application
- view youtube videos without ads on a smart TV
The Android app is mostly a wrapper around a Node application which creates two web servers:
- A remote control web app (controller)
- A video player web app (projector)
The remote control communicates with the video player via Socket.io.
Alternately, the Node code contained within the application can be run separately on any other platform.
To use the app you will need to:
- have your smartphone (or some other device if you run the Node code separately) connected to the same LAN as your smart TV
- load the video player web app in the smart TV’s web browser
- paste a youtube URL in the remote control app
- control the video player with your smartphone (or some other device).
More instructions on how to build and run the application can be found on the github page: https://github.com/dan-mirescu/youtube-projector2